Thursday, September 25, 2008

of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat...

| |

So there's this tree that I walk by on my way to the main office. But this isn't just any tree. It's an apple tree! Fyi, I love love apples. I eat about two a day. So anyway I love to walk under this tree, pick an apple, and eat it on my walk. Unfortunately though, all the apples within arms reach have been picked- so days have passed since I have had a fresh picked apple. I am not ok with this, so Dan and I took action. We drove my car two blocks, parked it under the tree and filled up our bag with organic, fresh, eugene apples.


I am so happy. I love apples. I am baking my first ever vegan apple pie. BTW vegan baking/ cooking is the best. Because everyone can make apple pies and cookies and mac & cheese. But to make them without butter, or cheese and make them delicious- that's a challenge and I love it! Yesterday we had vegan french toast, that's right...french toast with no eggs. How?? the secret ingredient is garbanzo bean powder! Tastes amazing, but gives a nice boost of protein with zero cholesterol. Boo Ya! I will let you know how the pie turns out.


ps. dan came up with that blog title while standing on the top of my car.
pps. dan borrowed that title from God

0 thoughts: