Thursday, September 4, 2008

Isn't it ironic?

| |

I used to love Alanis.

Anyway, recently there have been many instances of weird timing. Like Saturday when my Dad was telling me how they should have never discontinued Hydrox because they were they original oreo and tasted better. Then two hours later came back from Safeway with a box of limited release Hydrox cookies..."ironic, don't you think"

Then there was last Thursday when I was telling Dan about when my brother would chase me around the house and I would drag my leg like Sarah Connor in terminator and we thought it was really funny. What was on On Demand that night? Terminator 1!

Then there was Friday when Dan and I finally got all the car insurance taken care of, put in our name and our payment went through. No more than three days later (after 7 years of being accident free) I rear end a lady who rear ends a man who rear ends a man! What a mess.

Then this morning I told Dan that getting into the accident and thinking about the expense of it all gave me a small glimpse into families who deal with medical issues or their house burns down. No more than 4 hours later did the toaster oven catch fire and scorch our cabinets.

(that's a tortilla)

4 thoughts:

canne said...

i always thought that song should be called "isn't it unfortunate." (quinn says "or inconvenient.") sorry for the bad luck. we love/miss your mushy blogging guts.

manda said...

so many casualties of luck! i love you! i hope it comes back to life!

caitlin said...

when told that the situations in her song weren't ironic at all, alanis replied that that was the whole ironic point of the song. yeah right.

samsam said...

woah! a little TOO ironic....