RUDE PEOPLE AND MISSED FLIGHTS
After a very intense first semester of school Dan and I had been looking forward to a vacation. Unfortunately with the apartment managing job, it wasn't much of a vacation at all. But we were so excited because we had flights to SLC for this Thursday and we could finally get away and see our friends, our dear dear beloved friends. Well, the airport is about 2 hours away from Eugene, so we decided to leave by three to be there one hour before hand. But at about 2:50 I get a call from a new tenant, some freshman girl from OC demanding that I come up to the apartment. So I do, and when I arrive am greeted by a monster of a mom covered in makeup. To give you a picture of these two they both have matching pink sidekicks with juicy couture screen savers. So this lady starts yelling at me about how the apartment isn't clean enough, this is so far below her living standards. She goes on and on for thirty minutes telling me that if I don't make this place habitable (h-a-b-i-t-a-b-l-e) then she rejects the apartment. I told her I knew how to spell and that it wasn't my fault personally, but the cleaning crew's. I told her I would get it resolved ASAP, she continued to berate me for 15 more minutes.
So the owner came over and they butted heads, which allowed Dan and me to finally get going to the airport, but by the time we got to the car it was 3:50. We booked it to Portland, and through my mistake I told Dan that you would get towed in short term parking so we went to long term, and waited forever for a stupid shuttle. It was 5:54 when we got on the shuttle, and our flight left at 6. We ran to the terminal and when we got there, they had just closed the doors. We watched our plane depart. It was so depressing. I started crying, no sobbing in the airport. I was so so sad... I miss SAMANDA, I miss Dan's sister's. We were going to have such a nice time! I was so excited for the SLC temple. I couldn't stop crying. That morning we had gone to yoga at 6:00am, so I was just exhausted, that might have just fueled my tears. Sigh. So here we are still in Eugene. There were no flights out that night, and to go tomorrow morning wouldn't make sense because we were supposed to leave Saturday morning.
We miss you Utah.
With love,
Mr. and Mrs. Gilman
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Let's talk about serious stuff....
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thoughts:
my love! i love you so much! i am going to come see you asap. if not sooner! that woman is getting some fudge soon....
Post a Comment