Elections!
I am still undecided in this election. As far as policies go, there are things I agree and disagree with on both side. I think Obama's plan to tax the wealthiest 5% of the country to decrease taxes for the rest is unfair. Not saying I wouldn't benefit from that, but frankly I don't want to take someone's hard earned money just because they are rich and we should hate them. I am all for a flat tax. Like tithing. On the other hand, I just read on Bob's blog about McCain supposedly wanting to stop employment sponsored health insurance. Definitely don't want that! So like I said, neither candidates' policies have swayed me completely. For a while I knew I wouldn't vote for Obama because I don't like him as a person. I think he is too charming and and people forgive him too easily. I think he is arrogant and unexperienced, and flip flops just to get acceptance. I think he has a great image, he appears like a leader and appears to be a beacon for change, but I don't want appearances- and frankly I don't think he can deliver. I want substance and I feel like he lacks that. Perhaps though my biggest qualm with Obama is this media frenzy and obsession that follows him. Like a popstar, pop art posters of Obama, he's the latest trend; and his followers are fierce. People worship the man and I feel like that is unhealthy. You should not worship your political leader, or piss your pants over everything they do because every politician is flawed. So anyway, that's what scared me about Obama, but now I must say I see the same thing happening with Palin on the right. She has become their poster child. People are nuts for her and I don't think its healthy. Also, for the right she has become the outer image of change that Obama is. He is young handsome and black, Palin is young, pretty, and female. Frankly I don't care if by appearances you are different than a typical American president, you can't create change through an image. Sigh, anyway, I am torn. I have thought about voting for a third-party candidate, but in a race like this why throw away a perfectly good vote?
Thursday, September 18, 2008
let's talk about serious stuff...
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment