Oh man, we have been waiting for this concert for ages, and it did not disappoint. Last night, middle school-Caitie's dreams came true!
The Specials circa 1979
The Specials now
There were a lot of burly, middle-aged, drunk men with shaved heads, pushing and shoving (not in my dreams). And being that we were in the front row, this meant at times I was extremely uncomfortable- I got conked in the head, sweaty man sweat all over my face, and just about crushed ribs....but it was worth it! Every time I got smooshed, the bouncer in front would look at me and say, "you all right, you want out?" I knew though that if I said yes I would get carried out and have to move to way back in the "safe zone," so I declined. Plus most of the time Dan was using his super muscular body to create a buffer around me.
Here are some poor quality videos so you can somewhat experience the magic...
And for old time's sake
**Update: I just found out that this show was meant to be their last ever! Apparently they're reconsidering, but we may have seen the very last Specials performance ever. My oh my.
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment