I was in desperate need of a haircut; my hair felt fluffy and heavy. Pluuuus, on a spur of the moment decision when we arrived here, I went to super cuts for a trim and who knew a trim could turn out so horribly. So not only was my hair fluffy, it didn't even have a nice shape to it. Anyway I snagged the first Groupon deal I could find and a day later headed to the beauty parlor.
It's actually a really textured cut, but from the photos it looks shiny and polished- I'm a little but funky I swear. You may also notice from the photos that I am all dolled up. Let me explain...
I have this philosophy that any time you go in to get your hair cut you must have full makeup and a cute outfit. The reason being, if you have splotchy skin and mascara under your eyes, you will walk away unsatisfied, no matter how cute the cut. Think about it, you are essentially staring at yourself in a mirror for 2 hours straight, which is more mirror time than I have in a month. That's a long time to sit and ponder your imperfections. But if you have successfully masked those imperfections you'll sit and think about how lovely you'll look with your new 'do.
I also have another hair-cutting philosophy. I never decide if I like a a cut until after I have washed it and styled it myself. So if you are wondering if I like my cut, I'll get back to you in a few days



3 thoughts:
my hair is LONGER THAN YOURS!! for the first time!!!! <3
it looks lovely and i have the same sentiment for haircuts!! must be dolled up to fully appreciate that sometimes drastic change.
it's fabulous! and i love your haircut philosophies. that is so true - i cannot wait to put fancy makeup on next time i get mine done. keep livin the dream! i'm so jealous.
it looks fantastic! i love it.
Post a Comment