Sunday, April 17, 2011

| |

Today is my sister's birthday!! And to show I don't pick favorites, I have also made some birthday cards for mi hermana. Again, I will explain so you aren't lost on the inside jokes. 


#1 One Christmas, I found Fred in a vintage shop. Fred is a mink stole complete with a head, and 6 pairs of feet. That's right, six pairs of feet, which means it actually took more than one animal to make this accessory. I felt really bad for Fred and I decided I would give him to Nicole for Christmas, partly as a joke, partly to give Fred a better home. Well Christmas came, and she opened the box aaaannnd needless to say, there was a lot of laughing and terror, and she didn't want him.  
 title: "Poor Fred"
If anyone wants to know what happened to Fred, I released him and here he is now (i wish).

 #2 While staying with Nicole in Brooklyn one summer, I had brought along this Grateful Dead Record that Dan had gotten me for my birthday. It was on the floor in her room, and while we were getting ready for dinner she stepped on it and broke the frame it was in.  I freaked out and yelled at her, then she yelled at me, and we got into this huuuge ridiculous fight! She ended up eating dinner in, and I skipped dinner and just walked around Brooklyn by myself. The whole thing was so stupid and hilarious now.

title: american beauty

 #3 While in Florence, on top of the Duomo, this middle-aged woman, traveling by herself, asked if Nicole and I would take her picture. We readily agreed, but right before we took the shot, her face got serious, she turned to the side and looked into the horizon. Afterward she just said, "I only take profile shots." For some reason we found that really hilarious, and so on our trip to the Newport mansions some years later, we only took profile shots.

title: profile

#4: My favorite. So one thing I remember about Rome is that gypsies follow you everywhere and ask for cash. They repeatedly say "bless you, bless you, bless you" while they hold out their hands. Well this one gypsy followed us everywhere and wouldn't leave Nicole alone. When Nicole finally yelled at her, she said this, " Bhless you, Bhless you, AH VAFFANCULO!!!" which is f*** you in Italian (but it doesn't count as swearing on my blog since its another language). Wellllllll, the next day Nicole woke up with a giant puffy face, SHE WAS CURSED!
title: bhlessssss you

 #5 a collage of photos

Happy Birthday Seestir!!

0 thoughts: