Thursday, April 7, 2011

bluhhh

| |

If I could express my day through song, it would be:
"Just one of them days" by Monica
" Get me away from here, I'm dying" by Belle and Sebastian
or
"I want the world to stop" by Belle and Sebastian...
catch my drift? It's been a bad day.

It's actually been a bad couple of days, but today was the apogee (you like that word?) Basically what's wrong with me is that I am sleep deprived, and I feel like i have hit a wall with my studio project. This is a really bad combination because I think, "aaahh, I just want to sleep." but then I say, "noo you can't, your project sucks, fix it!" Then I pout to Dan and he says nice things, so I feel a little better, but then the cycle repeats.

Well this afternoon, after feeling badly about myself, I decided I was going to treat myself to a mate before I went to my 4 o'clock class. Even though I am avoiding sugar, I decided I needed a little indulgence. So I walk across the street to the pizza place that sells bottled mate, I put it in my bag (like I have done many times before), and head to class. Wellllll........


I open my bag and find a huge pool of "mate" at the bottom of my bag. Except it doesn't smell like mate, it smells like beer. So I rush out of the room, remove all my favorite pens and try to soak up the beer-mate. 

favorite markers
favorite pen ever

I figured what happened is some kid who worked there thought it would be funny to fill an empty mate bottle with beer, but the carbonation and the fact that the lid wasn't sealed made it explode.

Well, after that, I noticed that my phone was in the same pocket as my pens, and it was drenched! The screen had gone dark, and a little light was blinking purple. I took the phone pieces apart, and beer-mate spilled out of the battery pack.


So all through class, I am sitting and stewing over my phone, and beer bag, and beer-mate, that I completely lose track of the lecture.  On top of that, I am sitting with beer-mate in my bottle, and I am paranoid that the teacher will see it and think I am trying to sneak some alchy in to class.

Long story short, I go back to the pizza place to speak my mind to the owner, and she says that while she won't pay for a new phone, she will give me 100$ toward a new one. Somewhat placated I agree, but my phone without a 2-year renewal is $399 and I won't be renewing my contract since we are leaving the country.

Well we get to TMobile, and luckily I was able to find a mini version of my android for 125$ (the only smart phone cheaper than 299$).  Sold!

It's tiny and my fat fingers have a hard time with the smooshed touch screen, but it could definitely be worse! So my 'really bad day' ended up just being a 'kind of bad day', I'll take it....though I am not any less frustrated with my project. 

2 thoughts:

Patricia said...

boooooooo. another reason to hate beer.

caitlin said...

hahaha