Saturday, April 23, 2011

earth day part deux.

| |

One last insignificant thought about Earth Day. The only memory I have about E.D. from my childhood is this:

One day my mom came home with three giant bulletin boards. She had bought one for each of us kids to hang in our room. I was soooo excited. Yes, a bulletin board excited me. You see, when I was little I used to like to play "teacher," I would line up all my stuffed animals and 'teach' them. So a bulletin board was a terrific toy (I also used to play 'librarian' and 'real estate agent' but that's a different story.) Anyway, back to E.D., Earth Day happened to be the nearest holiday at the time I acquired said bulletin board, so I decided I would decorate it (you know how teachers decorate bulletin boards for different holidays).

Well, I cut out a bunch of blue and green construction paper to make the Earth, then I cut out letters to say "Happy Earth Day" and I glued them on the bulletin board. That's right GLUED. I had a permanent Earth Day bulletin board! A few months later I finally decided to try and take all the paper down, but it would only come off in chunks, so raggedy strips of green and blue paper were left on the bulletin board. It remained this way until I left for college.

1 thoughts:

April said...

So cute : ) I think your "project" story posts are definitely my favorites!