Sunday, May 1, 2011

ohhhh oko.

| |

Poor little Oko has passed. About a week ago he stopped eating any of his food and despite multiple trips to petco, lots of google searches like "my beta won't eat, why?" and "my beta has white on the ridge of his body", and even calling a fish specialist, there was nothing we could do to save him. Apparently he had caught some sort of fish fungus. I am actually really sad, I loved that little guy.

I know he is only a fish, but we used to have lots of fun together. I would bring him into the study and put him next to me while I worked. I would talk to him, and he would press his little head next to the tank. And I'll never forget when I put TWO bamboo stalks in his bowl instead of one, he used to love to swim between them and around again.

It also makes me sad that the first pet Dan and I have ever owned together has died a mere months after we got him, what does this say about our potential child-rearing abilities?

Anyway, here are some pictures of Oko's funeral. After the "flush or bury" debate, we decided to flush him- it seems like the more natural choice, fish belong in water.

tulip petals in the toilet


poor little guy

return from whence you came

it was really difficult for me to flush, it took a while.

goodbye dear friend, we will swim together in heaven 

1 thoughts:

manda said...

my first thought was, "oh no, your toilet can't take that many petals!" but then i moved on to think, "that's so pretty, what a dear burial!"

love you xox

my word is rodis