Monday, May 9, 2011

pinterest

| |

So the newest website trend, "Pinterest" caught my interest (tee hee). It's basically a place where you can post all the interesting things you find, but they format it so it looks trendy and hip. Not just anyone can join though, you have to either request an invite (and apparently wait for months) or you have to get invited by someone whom deems you 'hip' enough. At first I thought, eww this website is so elitist and lame. And to top it off some people are giving away Pinterest invites on their blogs, as a sort of reward for winning a contest- like it's THAT cool. This makes me like the website even less.


Then I thought, wait a minute I already have a giant folder on my desktop called "inspiration," and it's even organized into sub folders.
Wouldn't it be nice to have it all nicely displayed on the web so I can access it anywhere?

So I here I am, humbling myself and asking for a Pinterest invite. Any of you readers have a Pinterest account, any of you want to invite me?


2 thoughts:

hanner said...

i shall send you one! it's kind of addicting. i only recently joined and i thought the same thing about the invite-only thing... it's dumb because it's not like the quality of what people sometimes post is really that great.

alyssa said...

hi this is random, but i was searching for a way to get an invite to pinterest. any chance you all could send me an invite? im dying to get on there. my email is alyssakipetz@aol.com id appreciate it!!!