Tuesday, May 13, 2008

wedding present you won't find on the registry

| |

Metropolis magazine (an amazing architecture/ design magazine that is my favorite favorite) featured these radios, and I want one! First they are gorgeous and I can just picture it sitting neatly on my drafting table. And for those of you thinking "radio? how primitive" no need to worry you can connect your ipod. If the beauty of the gadget isn't enough for you, you should read the story behind.

Singgih Susilo Kartono designed these radios to help improve the economic conditions in his hometown of Kandagan- focusing on the importance of environmental impact. And get this for every tree he uses, he plants another.

After reading the article I immediately went online to purchase one, but at 200$ for the smallest size, and graduate school/ marriage soon approaching I just couldn't justify the splurge. Feeling generous anyone?

6 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

way to provide the website.

Anonymous said...

Ok, im serious. if you want this you better provide me a place to order it because i have searched the web for two days and everything is in thai or whatever language that is.

if you dont, i will be left to my own devices and you cant get mad at me if you dont like it

caitlin said...

is this nicole?

Anonymous said...

no, what makes you think its me.

Anonymous said...

no, what makes you think its me.

Anonymous said...

no, what makes you think its me.