Saturday, May 17, 2008

time flies

| |

Today is Saturday May 17. Dan and I will tie the knot in exactly 14 days! (Carly and Eric in 7!) The engagement has lasted 9 months, and the long distance relationship has lasted nearly 12. I am a little overwhelmed right now, but to be honest it isn't even about the wedding- its mostly finding a place, moving and getting settled before I begin school. The wedding should be stressing me out, there are still many things that need to get done and small details that need to be perfected, but at this point I don't care. I don't care if its the wedding of my dreams, because as a child I never dreamed about my Wedding Day. But I know it will be perfect because I will be marrying Daniel and because my friends and family will be there to share the happiest day of my life.

Even though its been a long engagement, it has been a good one. Special thanks to:

-Rosie and Tom for screen printing the invitations I designed even though you've never screen printed wedding invites before


-Silverwoods- for putting on an unforgettable performance, I am sorry it didn't work out.
-Chris for taking some great photos

-Mr. ROOOON JONES! for giving Dan and me some great inside jokes. I am also sorry it didn't work out. Please visit the link and click on "Hear Ron's voice".

- My wonderful gfs for throwing me a bridal shower


-My mom's wonderful gfs for also throwing me a bridal shower. And to my 'best gf' amanda for being there with me

-Rose for making my dress design a reality (no photo available)

-Carly for sending me little gifts along the way: the most recent- a pair of fluffy blue underwear that reads "soon to be mrs." on the behind. The irony being that no one will see them until after I am married.

-The museum of photographic arts for letting Dan and me take some photos
-My sweet mom who drives to San Diego regularly to help with preparations.

-Sister Chavez for giving me a private temple class to accommodate my ridiculous schedule.

-All of Dan's and mine friends/family who have been supportive and so generous.

xoxo

oh p.s. I am so excited to move to Oregon!

2 thoughts:

manda said...

I am so so so so excited. It is so pretty here in Oregon! It has been hot a couple of days, but it is also green everywhere! I miss you and I hope that I end up here next year!
"Hi, I'm Amanda, I'm Caitlin's best friend."

Whits said...

congrats caitlin on deciding to move to oregon and on getting married so soon! I kind of know how you feel about a wedding/life planning crunch. I just finished my last set of law finals and I start work in 2 days and i just realized my wedding is in 3 months and I haven't picked out/booked the majority of things/vendors. :D Best of luck to you, I feel your pain. I also dont know where Mike and I will live in Boston in the fall...