Monday, January 30, 2012

good & bad

| |

It's been a while since I have posted any new updates. I have been busy working too many hours, at a job that pays too little, and in no way contributes to my future career. Why am I still there then you ask? Here is my dilemma....

There are no architecture jobs, I mean the economy here is worse than the US, if you can believe that. I have had several architects say, "Why in the he** did you come here!?" I have even considered changing professions all together, but I am sorry, I did not suffer through three years of architecture school to not even give it a shot. So I am still searching.

Now, what I have considered doing is finding a temporary real job, i.e. one that requires a skirt, not a baseball cap or one that requires brain power, until I can find work in a firm. But in a job like that, I wouldn't feel right quitting the second I found a better job. So the beauty of my current job, aside from the free raw juices, vegan delicacies, organic food, and Clive Owen, is that I can pretty much leave anytime I want. So that's that.

To catch you up on other happenings, I have compiled a quick list of the good & bad things currently happening...


 
  • I tore a muscle in my back
  • I truly can't wash my hair or dress without Dan's help
  • Back injury means canceling our trip to Spain this weekend.
  • I have had several positive interviews with architecture firms but not one had any openings
  • My hard drive is toast, and I don't feel like spending £1000 to repair it. So for now, good bye Archi-Types


  


  •  Dan's still on break so he can take care of me (this is good practice for when we are old)
  •  Dan washed my hair for me
  •  Excused from work indefinitely
  •  Free health care
  •  We now have unlimited cinema passes. That's right, unlimited movies, in any Cineworld  theatre for just £14/month
  •   I've had some good architecture related interviews (though see above)
  •   Grown-up sleep over with some friends







0 thoughts: