Thursday, March 24, 2011

a little nordic adventure

| |

We wanted to get some xc skiing in before all the snow melted, so today we headed up the mountain. I will recount our day.

On the way we spotted an Oregon covered bridge

I started our trip all bundled up (notice my spiffy new backpack)...

but after about ten minutes, I was burning up from all the pushing and gliding so I shed a layer.

ten more minutes and I was still overheated. Cross-country skiing is waaay more work than alpine (or maybe I have just not yet perfected it).
 We made it to the 'warming hut' where we were going to stop for lunch. Cute right? WRONG!
Upon closer examination, I realized that I would rather eat in the snow than step foot in that hut (and contract hepatitis). 

so we did (eat outside, not contract hepatitis), quinoa kale and zucchini.

some sick fresh pow pow (powder).


0 thoughts: