My office at work shares the space with two other labs/organizations, and everyday I walk by this bookshelf with seemingly uniform boxes.
Well, recently I noticed that one box is labeled "CONFIDENTIAL BOX!" (I circled it in red below)
It cracks me up/tempts me every time I walk by. Cracks me up because 1) if you don't want someone to look in the box, don't label it confidential and 2) the box is boring and blends with the other boxes so no one would have wanted to peak inside had you just left it as is. I want to peak inside sooo bad but I learned my lesson from the "chris and the big red button incident".
If you want to know more about this incident continue reading... if you have already read enough feel free to close your browser window.
Chris and the Big Red Button
I think Chris (my brutha) was about 8, so I would have been 10 when this happened. Anyway we were doing dryland at swim practice, which is basically where you run and do weights and pushups before you get in the water. So we were running laps around the UNLV campus, and we kept passing this big red button, that would apparently call campus security. Well, I finish my laps and Chris hasn't returned yet..and I hear my swim coach Bill (who happens to be a former Navy Seal) freaking out saying he needs to go bail Chris out of jail.
The reason Chris never returned was because he had pushed the giant red button, and campus security caught him. They gave him this huge lecture, Chris was crying, I was crying and when asked why in the world did he push the button he responded, "Every time I passed it, I just kept staring at it wanting to push it so I did."

0 thoughts:
Post a Comment