Thursday, March 17, 2011

| |

I spend my procrastinating minutes looking at flats in London. Yes I know that it's wayyyy too early, and that the flats I look at now won't be available in 6 months, but what's the harm right? Well, the harm is I fall in love in with places, and then tell Dan that, 'I really really want to live here, and that I need to live here' and then I can't stop thinking about it. 


I should say that I have made an effort to only look at places in our price range and in areas near campus, otherwise it would just be too painful.  However, I did find the perfect place, and I am pained that it can't be ours.

fire place in the bedroom and a bay window!

a private yard
 

i could plant veggies!!

and have beautiful summer brunches

 clean and modern kitchen

love the shelving 
*sigh*


p.s. It feels very strange to be blogging about flats and weekend trips when there's so much destruction and devastation in Japan, just so trivial. But I haven't forgotten, I think about it everyday, pray, and have made donations.

 Dan and I had hoped to live in Japan someday, now I hope that at some point I can go back and help them rebuild, put my architecture degree to use. Shigeru Ban (a really great architect) is putting his skills to use by sending simple partitions for use in temporary relief  accommodations. 

all right, well I now officially feel terrible. Here I am talking about flats in London when there are so many displaced victims.

*sigh*



1 thoughts:

April said...

That is one heckuva apartment (heckuvan apartment??) you found there. I love the fireplace in the bedroom!!

I also dream of fireplaces in bathrooms, wouldn't that just be the best? So excited for you!