It's been a really rough term thus far. I am doing school work all the time (almost literally), and am still neglecting some of the readings I should be doing. In the past 4 days I have slept about 15 hours total.
So against better judgment, Dan and I drove the two hours to Portland last night to see Belle and Sebastian. It was so worth it!
The last time we saw them was at the Hollywood Bowl in LA, they played with the Philharmonic, and I thought that nothing could top that show, but I was wrong. We were closer this time, the acoustics were much better and they sounded amazing, and I touched Stuart Murdoch (I don't care how lame that sounds). Plus, the venue was really pretty.
- Sentimental. Dan first said he loved me while we were listening to them, he first met my family on the trip we took to see them play in LA, and we played 'if you find yourself caught in love' when we made our entrance at our wedding reception
- It is feel good music. I always feel happy when listening to them.
- Even though they are heart-throbs of the indie/hipster/whatever scene, they don't try to be. They are down to earth, and don't try to mold themselves into what's 'hip'
- They are musicians/artists, not rock stars, and are just really humble and pleasant.


0 thoughts:
Post a Comment