Get ethnic without the effort! Falafel! This is such a fast, filling and easy meal. I just found falafel mix in the bulk section of my local market. All you do is add water and fry them up. I actually didn't fry them though, I browned them in a pan then baked for 10 minutes.
We put them on flat bread with hummus, a tahini sauce i made (tahini, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt), grilled onions from a fantastic farmer's market, lettuce, and tomatoes.
They aren't the best falafels, those are found in Paris, but they are cheap and so easy. Just don't overcook them, dry falafels are disgusting.
I also made some banana muffins. I just used a banana bread recipe from veganomicon. I like this recipe because it has nutmeg and molasses and its delicious. But I used whole wheat flour, flax, and raisins. A semi-heatlthy sweet treat.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
more food!
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment