I was so happy with my Thanksgiving-Decor-On-The Cheap (I loooove hyphenating words), that I decided to try Xmas-Decor-On-The-Cheap.
I found a little "tree," which is really a plant that has a lemony smell to it.
Then I made a star using a cereal box and beautiful IKEA wrapping paper
Then I bought ornaments. I was planning on making ornaments by hand, but I couldn't resist buying these little wooden ones. They're almost identical to ones I had growing up, and I love wood ornaments.
Then I took a Christmas napkin from Ikea, cut out the little figures, and glued them to a cereal box.
Then, I set up the nativity my mom bought me in Bath
Then I took some more Ikea wrapping paper and placed it under the "tree", and voila, we now have a little festive Christmas nook.
Monday, December 5, 2011
Christmas decor on a budget
|
|
Cost Breakdown:
"Tree": £3.99
Ornaments: £2.99
Wrapping paper: £1.99 x 1/1000= £.002
Napkin people: free
Nativity: free, courtesy of Cathie
Total: £6.98
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 thoughts:
That nativity is gorgeous! Your mom picked a good one.
Post a Comment