Dan and I went to another football match this week, again free of charge. I could get used to this! Dan has been in contact with a few people from Fulham FC in regards to internships/job opportunities, and it's looking pretty positive. Anywho, they sent him a pair of match tickets.
The Arsenal and Fulham stadiums couldn't be more different! Arsenal is brand new, a super stadium with loads of seats and a jumbotron. Fulham's is the leagues oldest stadium, much smaller, and doesn't have video projection. Plus it is home to this statue, which is just one of a kind.
Seriously. A Michael Jackson statue...in a football stadium. The owner erected the statue as a tribute to the singer after he died. The sentiment is nice, but it might be the most ridiculous statue I have ever seen, in an awesome way.
I actually really liked Fulham's stadium, it has a very intimate feel and just seems so classic. Plus because it's smaller, we were much closer to the pitch. Here are some pictures from the match. It was great, but unfortunately in the last 7 seconds of the game, the opposing team scored. Bringing the score to 2-2 and effectively booting Fulham out of the Europa League tournament.
Friday, December 16, 2011
Another football match.
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 thoughts:
Post a Comment