Soooo, we needed a new alarm clock, and because I feel guilty about all the e-waste we ship to China...
...I refused to buy a new one. I spent about a month at various thrift stores, trying to find the the perfect old/new alarm clock that I could rescue from its eminent landfill destiny, and finally I found it! It reminds me of the one my parents had in their bedroom, and I think they still do for that matter, so it has a good nostalgic quality to it. Plus, it only cost me $3.00! But now I see why:
If the cord isn't positioned right, some of the numbers drop out, and I can't tell if it's 7:01, or 7:51, or anywhere in between. Don't worry though, I won't toss it. It's nothing that a good whack on the side can't fix.


2 thoughts:
e-waste hasn't really caught on as a cause yet... maybe it's because i'm in utah. anyway, this is why i haven't gotten a phone upgrade in like 4 years. and why i have 2 old phones sitting in my desk drawer that i can't figure out what to do with.
i love it. and a great price, too.
thinking about those landfills makes me a little crazy.
Post a Comment