I am back in school, so you probably won't hear much from me. I did it again- loaded up my plate, bit off more than I can chew, etc. I have another Graduate Research Fellowship this term, which is great because it pays the big bucks, but it sucks up a lot of time. On top of that, I am taking 4 classes (one of which should be 6 credits). I have considered dropping one, but they are all so interesting, and most of them count towards the Ecological Design Certificate. Here is the lineup:
Community Design: examination of the changes in suburban neighborhood design over the past 100 years as a result of changes in technology, governmental policies, life styles, demographics, and values. Special emphasis will focus on the review of appropriate housing/neighborhood models for the future, given demands for increased density and responding to diminishing natural resources.
Housing Design: examine issues in housing design and production in two time frames: the factors and constraints which drive housing in the United States today (and the externalities which are often ignored), and the changing forces which will drive it in the future.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
back to the grind
|
|
Enclosures: basically detailing buildings and lots and lots of drawing
American Architecture through a Historic Preservation Perspective
I am also taking swimming and yoga. See you in 10 weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 thoughts:
I love these classes! It sounds so interesting--so hopefully the semester is not too crazy so you can enjoy learning it. And if you're interested, maybe you can design our green home in the far FAR future.
wow! you always amaze me with your ability to be so involved in your program. i really feel like you're making the most of your incredible experience! i'm so proud!
Post a Comment