Let me start this post by first introducing you to something wonderful- (if you haven't already been introduced) the website Teux Deux. This website is perfect for lovers of to-do lists and good design, two of my favorite things. I have been using it for a little over a year now and have converted many people over to its simplicity.
I love to-do lists so much, that despite my obsession with Teux Deux (and setting it as my homepage), I still like to write out my lists. Below is my list for projects to finish before school starts.
Some are more important (make my portfolio), others are quite ambitious (upholster wing back chair), but I am determined to accomplish as much as possible, despite only having 20 days.
I have another list: books to read before school startExtremely Loud and Incredibly CloseThe Good Earth
Pillars of the Earth
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Hunger Games
It's a lot of pages, but with the help of audible, I am almost through Pillars and Memoirs, and would like to add one more to my list. Do you have any other book suggestions?
Saturday, September 4, 2010
My Teux Deux
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 thoughts:
I enjoyed The Good Earth and Memoirs of a Geisha. If you're into Asian literature right now, I'd recommend The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan if you haven't already read it. For something different, I'd recommend The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I have Hunger Games on my to-read list too.
ooooh i also love to-do lists. i just saw part two of this exhibit a couple weeks ago. i guess everyone loves a good list. my favorite in the exhibit was "list of people to forgive." and the illustrated packing list.
if you like fantasy, brandon sanderson is really good. i would recommend the mistborn trilogy.
Yes! As soon as you're done with Hunger Games you'll want to read Catching Fire and Mockingjay - so make sure you leave room for those two!
gravity's rainbow by thomas pynchon
my life by chekhov
What did you think of the Good Earth? I just barely finished it. I enjoyed it, but felt hated the way Olan was treated. Good luck on all the books read.
Post a Comment