Monday, January 26, 2009

local flavor

| |



This man is all over Eugene, he has a bike decorated with flowers and peace signs. He stands near my building almost everyday holding this sign, his name is Doug. I interviewed him for a class and it turns out we have a lot in common.
He loves Jesus, I love Jesus
He was married to a Mormon, I am married to a Mormon
He lived in Provo, I lived in Provo
He used to stand outside temples and hand out leaflets, I go to temples.
There are a lot of people like Doug in Eugene. By that I mean a lot of people who hang around and you get to know them like landmarks. I want to make it my goal to know as many Eugenian staples as I can. Next on my list: Frog- the man who writes his own jokebooks and sells them on the corner

0 thoughts: