Friday, July 20, 2012

update through iphone photos

| |

A month ago I made a spontaneous trip back to the US to say goodbye to my dear aunt. While it was a very sad time, some wonderful memories were made with my cousins and family.

It was my first time back in the US in almost a year. At first I found myself really annoyed- everyone on the metro was so loud, but once I was in Brooklyn and Connecticut, I really enjoyed being back. This trip happened to coincide with my birthday, America's birthday (my favorite holiday), and my cousin's birthday.

my aunt's house in Connecticut
I spent the morning of my Birthday in NY with Dan. We walked from my sisters house in Williamsburg to the Brooklyn Bridge in 100 degree weather (yes it took 2 hours). Then we made a special trip to Baby Cakes Bakery so I would have vegan and gluten-free muffins to bring back to my mini-celebration in Connecticut.


I left my cupcakes in NY, buuut to my luck,my mom and cousins had spent the morning running all over Connecticut trying to find me Vegan and GF cupcakes!!
We celebrated the fourth of July with Bocce ball, watermelon, sparklers, bbq, and fireworks on the beach.



Dan and Maggie are matching picnic blankets

I made it back to London in time for Dan's birthday on the 9th, but due to my extreme jet lag and overall emotional exhaustion (I slept 15 hours the first night, and 12 the next), we didn't have too much of a celebration......but tomorrow we will! 

 

0 thoughts: