Being on a tight budget, Dan and I have not gotten gym passes here. We run pretty regularly, and walk lots and lots, so we haven't missed it much. However, one thing I do miss is swimming. So imagine my excitement when I got two free pool sessions at LA Fitness!
Oh boy, it was not what I expected.
First of all, the pool was only 12 meters (I could only do five backstrokes before reaching the other end). It was only 4 lanes wide, and to top it off, the stairs protruded into two of those lanes. Also, it was really dark. The only lights consisted of purple and blue over head lights. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal because the pool would be lit. Well when a pool with blue tiles is lit with blue lights, you can't see anything- you're just swimming in a giant fog. And to get real nitpicky, there was no center line at the bottom, nor flags overhead. So I resorted to counting strokes, to ensure I didn't slam my head into the wall.
Here's a picture of the pool, though the photo is deceiving because it was much darker, and the pool is distorted to look longer. Trust me, it's not.
Now I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, so despite all these factors, I decided to ignore them and enjoy my free swim. Well here's how that went. Only one lane line was actually in place, and that lane was reserved for kids learning to swim. So myself and three other ladies (who wore bikinis and would only swim with their hair out of the water) just had a free for all in the remaining 'lanes', which had the stair issue. As I said, it was not what I expected. Despite all that, I still enjoyed being in the water, but as I was leaving the pool I read the list of rules.
Here's what they entailed:
No running
No diving
No kids unattended
...and No Heavy Petting
NO HEAVY PETTING!?!? Well maybe if your swimming pool didn't look like a night club that wouldn't be a problem. I feel gross now.

0 thoughts:
Post a Comment