Friday, June 15, 2012

updates

| |

My dear sister, aka my number one blog reader, aka Nicole, has once again reminded me that I have slagged in my posting.
I have since realized that this lapse in blogging is because I feel hindered by the fact that I have a lot of outstanding updates. And I feel that I can't write about the present until I catch up with the past. So here we go, a quick run down of past happenings to get caught up to speed..

3...

2...

1...

VENICE!!!

so beautiful, such great architecture..

and so few cars! Literally walk everywhere, and get lost, but it's all part of the fun

we have so many matching shoes, one day I will dedicate a blog post to it (not proud about it, just stating the fact)

Look how fancy!

 Look! A market on a boat!

 We hopped over to the next island Lido, home of Venice Film Festival, and enjoyed la playa ( I speak Spanish, not Italian)


Able to sketch a bit, which was thoroughly enjoyable

 MA AND PA ARRIVE!!! Woooo! Ma and Pa later went on to stay in a fancy villa with their friends. Jealous!


Facebook shot!


Picturesque, right?

can you see the man walking along the edge of this giant old wall


This is what the backside of Venice looks like

 Dan looks great in pastels




All right there's Venice for you. Moving on to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee!

The Diamond Jubilee celebrates the fact that the Queen has been reigning for 60 years. Basically, it felt like the 4th of July for two weeks, and it was awesome!

"Did you bake that for a 4th of July party?" -Why no, it's for a Jubilee party and I didn't bake it, a friend did.



Our friend lives on a house boat along the Thames, so she invited us over to watch the boat portion of the celebration!

p.s. weird photo, m-i-right!? I think it was caused by the fact that I took this photo the same time that someone was using a flash.

 Fancy boat

little boats

showing our pride
   

prince Will and Kate
I recently had the good fortune to attend a talk with Renzo Piano at the Royal Institute of British Architects (which I can now call myself a proud member of).  Richard Rogers was there too!!!



If you aren't familiar with Renzo Piano, he did this...
this...
with Richard Rogers
 and most recently this...

It's also been a rainy summer thus far, but we have had some few spots of sunshine, and it's been great!

 And to end my "wrap-up" I will share this funny little bit that I found in a CNN article.

The article is talking about how the KKK in Georgia wants to adopt a highway. They say, it's not for publicity at all, they just want to do their part in keeping the city clean. Not unreasonable right? Well apparently CNN expected you to feel this way. Note the one-line paragraph that reads, "Reader feels dirty for agreeing with KKK" hahah what!!??

0 thoughts: