Friday, July 20, 2012

Dan's Birthday Celebration

| |

Before I tell you what we're doing for Dan's birthday, here's a little background story.

Back in 2007, when Dan and I were engaged, Dan was sent on a three month work assignment to- London (he lived not too far from our current place). I had the great fortune to visit my fu-hub (a term my sister coined, meaning 'future husband') and we traveled a bit around Europe together.

See...

 
 

So there we were in Paris, about to go to Louvre, and Dan was really excited. I had been to the Louvre before on a study abroad, but being Dan's first time in Paris he had not. As a couple we love museums, and the Louvre had been on Dan's list for a while. So we showed up early in the morning, prepared to spend the day looking at masterpieces, and what do you know? It's closed. We chose the one day of the week the Louvre was closed, and no we didn't bother to check the website. So Dan left Paris, and eventually Europe without having ever visited the Louvre. 5 years later and he still hasn't had the opportunity.

So fast forward to our recent New York/Connecticut trip, and I am telling my mom how I want to surprise Dan with a trip to Paris for his birthday. My mom then suggests that she and my dad's present to Dan could be the bus tickets- great!!! 

My parents also got Dan a book of the Louvre so he would have something to physically open. Well before I could reveal the surprise to Dan, Pa Millson says, "Oh Dan, here's a book for your trip." Waa waa waaaaaa. Needless to say, he was still really excited. 

We decided to just make it a day trip, which means we will be taking the night bus out this evening (arriving at 9am tomorrow) and then the 11:00 pm bus out on Saturday. It will be a whirlwind of a trip,  but it will be great. And don't worry, I checked the webiste- Louvre is open.

0 thoughts: