Thursday, May 10, 2012

sorry to leave you hanging

| |

I left off by telling you all that I was having the best week ever, then I failed to update my blog. Apologies to my sister (who may be the only who cares), but my lack of followup is understandable considering I was busy enjoying my week of wonderfulness.

Basically my week was great beacauuuuse.....

Rachel and Emma, a.k.a. Dan's sisters, were in town! Which means, favorite Indian and Thai restaurant, game night with friends, cinema, Borough Market, site-seeing, lots of laughs and love, and Singing in the Rain the musical! Before I continue on with the rest of my week, let me digress and tell you a bit about SITRTM (Singing in The Rain the Musical)


 
My first reaction to the show was, "what took so long!" SITR was basically made for the stage! My second reaction was nostalgia. I love love love the film, so watching it on stage just brought back so many happy memories. My third reaction was "cover up!" It rained & puddled on stage, and being in the sixth row, we got splashed. You can see how happy I was in the photo above. Have you ever seen me smile so big? Me neither. 

On top of great sister-in-law time, I spent the week volunteering with Architecture for Humanity. To celebrate the launch of their second book, "Design Like you Give a Damn II", they held a series of events and workshops. I met some great people, and had a wonderful time.


Also, I love my new job. My boss treats me as a design equal- he asks for my design input and values it. But he is also a great mentor- he patiently teaches me all about the UK building code, and gives me advice about running an independent architecture firm.

Also, my parents agreed to give me my birthday present a couple months early. So in two weeks, when we meet them in Italy, I will come home with an unlocked iPhone. Yeah, yeah, I am a little behind the times, but whatevs. 

Also, you may have deduced this from the above paragraph, but my parents are visiting Venice with some friends, so Dan and I will meet them there for a quick little vacation (£10.99 airfare!!).

So there you go, I've had a great week.



1 thoughts:

manda said...

i love, love, love updates! and photos! and how lovely all those gilmans are together!

also, how pretty you look smiling so big!!

and p.s., i want every article of clothing i see you wearing in these photos, but esp. the olive coat in the lower photo. zoing!

my words are letypere skintarl, i wish it had been skintard