Thursday, January 27, 2011

INTJ

| |

I found an interesting article about the most common personality type for architects (based on the Myer-Briggs method).  I am an INTJ: introvert, intuitive, thinkingjudging.  While INTJ is the second most common personality type amongst architects, ENTJ wins at 31%.  So, I guess all I need to do is become more extroverted, and I am verifiably in the right profession. I also find it interesting that while 31% of architects are ENTJ, only 1.8% of the US population fits that type. And only 1% of architects fit the most common type ISFJ (13.8%). 

You can find out your personality type here.  What's yours?

7 thoughts:

emily said...

INFJ

caitlin said...

maybe ours our similar because of our Cancerian likeness

emily said...

mayyyybe... but my boyfriend is a Taurus and he's an INFJ, too. It's strange, since apparently INFJ is only 1-2% of the global population.

I would guess, if anything, it has a bit to do with familial similarity and birth order.

April said...

First reaction: I love a good personality test!!

Second reaction:
ENFP. Shoooot. It says I should be a psychologist/counselor, which is what I always leaned toward outside of architecture. (Not to mention that at magazine racks, I always go for Psychology Today rather than Architectural Record.)
(And probably also explains why "I love a good personality test!!" Ha.)

I do really enjoy architecture though, and I figure as long as there are people around me I will always be a counselor/psychologist : )

Unknown said...

ENTJ. Thanks for posting this. I read Keirsey & Bates' book and took the test, but the website is so much easier.

samsam said...

ENFJ ALL THE WAY!!

Social Work.....DUH!

manda said...

ISFP
which used to be INFP
so now i sense more?