Wednesday, October 1, 2008

making the most of it

| |

I am very excited. I am getting involved in this club at u oregon called Design Bridge.
It is an organization that does design-build projects around the community, while focusing on sustainability. It is the only design-build organization that is run completely by students. They have also received an award from the Rockefeller center for their seedling structure made from recycled materials. They are working on 5 different projects right now, all in different stages of completion. But the one I am getting involved in, and am so so excited for is a bicycle shelter for a local middle school; as well as providing safe bicycle routes. This project is still in the beginning stages, which is a great learning opportunity.

I am so happy with U Oregon, here's why:
1) It is located in Eugene which is such an amazing town
2) The atmosphere in the arch. department isn't competitive, but collaborative.
3) They are so focused on sustainability. In every class I take, the environment is incorporated in some way. They are very socially responsible
4) Tuition is way cheaper than Wash U.

Why I am not happy with U Oregon:
1) My BYU friends don't go there

0 thoughts: