Thursday, October 30, 2008

be careful what you wish for- not just a a goosebumps book- a profound observation

| |

In high school I went to the eye doctor because I wanted glasses, I didn't need glasses- I had perfect vision- but I wanted some. I cheated on my eye exam: said I couldn't read some letters when I could, didn't push the button when I saw a black dot, but the doctor still said that I was fine. He gave me eye drops as a consolation. My dad bought me clear lenses which I have worn on test days and the first day of classes for the past 4 years.

Today I went to the eye doctor this time because I thought I needed glasses. Turns out I do! I don't know if I am excited or sad. I want glasses, and I want legitimate glasses, but I only want glasses when I feel like it. I don't want to be dependent on them. Right now I only need them at night and for long distances, but it has started- the degenerative process.

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I did the exact same thing when I was in first grade (only I was dreaming of tortise-shell frames. no lie.) My mom was not happy when the doctor told her I was fine, and I never got glasses until last year when I realized my night vision is starting to suck. I guess it runs in the family.