
The past three months with Dan gone, living in a big house by myself, and dealing with the stresses of school/work/wedding, I had made myself numb. This was easier for me than feeling sad or overwhelmed- I just felt nothing, except I felt like a robot. Functioning, just going through the motions. Well the haze of apathy has cleared thanks to a magical week in Europe with my one true. I am now back in Coronado, Dan is back in Palo Alto, but at least we are in the same time zone. I feel again, I feel feelings of longing to see him, but I also feel happy. Here are some things that made me happy today:
-I mailed off the last of my grad school applications!
-Watching little kids and a funny emo (so five years ago i know) teenage couple ice skate at the Del.
-Ayn Rand
-I thought I bought regular veggie burgers from TJs, but turns out they are Tikki Masala veggie burgers...SURPRISE!
-I was able to wake up for my 4:00am shift at Starbucks
-I finished my magazine spread for my graphic design class
-Dan comes to Coronado in two days
-Sam W. sent me the rest of Dexter season two!!!
-I received a postcard from Dan's Copenhagen trip, even though I was with him in London when he back wrote it and mailed it.
Things are looking up! Now if I could just finish this stupid online math course so I can enroll in my next online course so I can enroll in Calculus for next semester, I will be a happy duck.
3 thoughts:
it's good to feel!!
i love you! and dan! you're so great together.
tikki burgers, i am so hungry
this has nothing to do with your post, but you look ridiculously pretty in that photo, and i felt it was worth saying. so there.
total babes!!! i love you!
Post a Comment