Saturday, April 21, 2012

job

| |

Looking for a job has been on the back-burner since I have been busy traveling,  competitioning, and updating my portfolio. But guess what, a job found me! There's a local architect with his own one-man practice that comes in to get coffee about 6 days a week. We chat quite a bit and I gave him my business card so he could see my final design for the competition I entered. A few days ago he emailed me and asked if I would be interested in working with him part time, doing mostly detail drawings and planning documents. Why yes I would!

I would like to eventually find work in a larger firm, to get the experience, but I am really excited about this opportunity! Ultimately, my goal is to have my own small practice and I think it will be great to see how he operates. So on top of a landscape design project, another competition, printing my portfolio, looking an opportunity with a firm, and part time work at Planet Organic, I get to add part-time architectural assistant to the mix.

While on the topic of clients, Clive Owen and I are becoming quite the buddies. Actually not really, because it's clear he doesn't want the attention (hence the shades and sweat pants). He never gets chatty with the employees,  and I don't blame him. But I have chatted him up a bit. And although at first he was reluctant, he has opened up. Yesterday he gave me a thumbs up when I asked if he wanted his skinny cappuccino before he even said the words, and when he came to pick up his drink, rather than quickly picking it up and leaving he gazed into my eyes and said thank you. Next time he comes in, I will try to chat with him about the May edition of W. I will say, "Clive, saw the magazine spread, looking sharp!"

From W


0 thoughts: