Monday, March 26, 2012

where I've been

| |

A few weeks ago my parents told me they received a postcard in the mail, addressed to me, informing me of an architecture competition. This competition is reserved for alumni of either UO or Cal Poly, and the grand prize is a whopping $10,000 travel scholarship. Basically on Thursday evening you are told what the project will be, and you must have a completed design by that following Monday. It's what we in the architecture world would call a charette.
I decided to participate, not because I thought I would win, but because I was itching to do some designing. In a matter of 4 days I only slept about 13 hours, but it was so nice to be doing architecture again! Tomorrow they will announce the finalists, and if selected, I will have to be in California to present my project on April 6...or forfeit. Well, guess who's going to be in Spain on April 6!? It's really inconvenient, but in some ways it's nice becaaaaause, if I am selected as a finalist- how exciting, and if I am not- well that means I just get to enjoy my Spain trip.

Anyway, here are my final boards- you're viewing them as a spread, but they are actually 4 individual boards.





2 thoughts:

Laurie said...

Wow, Caitlin, I think it looks great! Good luck, I hope you get selected... buuuut if not, there is always Spain and I would say that is a pretty awesome consolation prize.

maddie said...

this is why i love you. you are one talented lady!