Monday, March 12, 2012

fulham, spain, hermanas

| |

Hello, hello. I am feeling well again! In fact, I am feeling so well that I awoke at 5:45am this morning so I could get in a run before work. Now before all you early birds say, ohhh that's nothing. I will have you know that on my days off I typically don't arise until 11. It's not that I am lazy, I just don't go to bed until 3am or so (old architecture habits die hard). Annnyway, my new plan is to follow good ole Ben Franklin's advice and start going to bed earlier.

I know you were all dying to hear about my new sleeping habits, so now that that's out of the way, here is a brief update.

Good news in the Dan department! He has started an internship with Fulham FC!

 I'd like to give a special shout out to Noelle, who introduced Dan to his contact at Fulham. 

In other news....Even though funds are lacking, we decided to be somewhat spontaneous and book flights to EspaƱa! I have been wanting to visit Spain for a while. Did you know 1. I came this (<-->) close to minoring in Spanish in college, and 2. that I came this (<->) close to studying abroad in Spain? At the last minute though, I decided to give up my spot and accept an internship in San Francisco instead. A good decision that was too, there I learned all about veganism, cat stevens, and my love for Dan (he was there that summer as well). 

The first stop on our trip is Barcelona!

Then we take the bus to Valencia! Our goal was Granada, to see the Alhambra, but unfortunately tickets are completely sold out, so another time perhaps.
 
Then last but not least Madrid!
 A week after we return from our glorious vacation, 2/3 of Dan's sisters will be coming to visit! It will be like this all over again, minus TJ.




1 thoughts:

Laurie said...

Very cool! Congrats to Dan... my Dan will be superbly jealous when I tell him, he is a huge Fulham fan.

Glad you're feeling better. :)