Monday, July 18, 2011

| |

We took a break from packing (which is going terribly slowly, but thanks for asking) to drop off my last library books. Dan captured me walking out of Lawrence Hall for the very last time. It felt particularly strange because my entire three years here were spent in one building. Sometimes I wouldn't leave Lawrence until 5am, other times I would arrive at 5am. Lawrence was basically my second home, and I may never enter those doors again.


 Anyway, after that we decided to procrastinate packing and ride our bikes to frozen yogurt. 

We crossed to the other side of campus...


 Rode through the art studios

 Across the bridge and onto the bike bath.


 Off the bike path and on to the surface streets...

 Then we arrived at Vanilla Jills. Vanilla Jills has the most incredible homemade frozen yogurt. First of all everything is organic, local, and handmade. Second, they offer two knockout vegan flavors 1)coconut lime strawberry- which is a coconut base 2) vegan espresso- which is a cashew base. They both taste as good, if not better than real yogurt and I know that's true because my meat-loving, dairy-drinking Papa Chris said so.  And if vegan isn't really your thing, they make their dairy based yogurts from kefir.
 We leave Eugene in two days! So, so, so sad.

0 thoughts: