If you're my friend on facebook, you may have noticed that I am trying to sell a ton of stuff. If you aren't my friend on facebook, basically I am shamelessly marketing all my things to my friends.
Well, on one of my items,I got a response from a random craigslist person. The item was for a $130 basically new computer monitor that I was selling for $75. This guy only signed his name as D, or maybe it was meant to be a half smiley face, but that is how I will refer to him as I recount our conversations.
D- first email I get, one line that reads...."would you take $50"
Me- Umm, that's a little low, sorry.
D- "Darn, I only have $50, my mom said she would take me over there tonight"
(at this point my heart is breaking because I am picturing a little boy who saved up all his pennies to buy this monitor. so I ask Dan and my Dad if I should cave but they said, "No, for all you know he's a 30 year old guy who lives in his mom's basement"
Me- "I would consider taking $60"
D- "My mom said I could spend $55 and could get it tonight, would you take that?"
Me- "Well, I am going out of town. If it doesn't sell by Monday I will consider it"
D- (First thing Monday morning) "Can I come pick it up!?"
Me- "Uhh, I don't want to go that low, so I think I will just take it with us on our move."
D- "Ok, I am going to borrow $10 from my mom, so $60!? See you soon!"
I am convinced it's some cute little boy, Dan still thinks it's some weirdo. Which do you think it is?
scroll down to find out!
.
..
...
....
......
........
.........
........
......
...
..
.
remember in old chain letter emails all the cheesy designs as you scrolled.
.
..
...
....
......
........
.........
........
......
...
..
.
HE WAS THE CUTEST LITTLE BOY!
I gave him the monitor all wrapped up nicely in the box it came in, and his eyes lit up! He went to grab it from me but his mom said, "give her the money first" so he reaches into his pocket and pulls out his money. Then about 4 hours later I get this email...."We Love it thank you D"
So cute! I kind of feel bad that I made him give me 10 extra dollars.

2 thoughts:
yay for happy endings!! I'm desperately trying to figure out where the heck I could justify cramming one of your awesome shelves into our apartment... I can't resist half-off Ikea! : )
I want a picture! how old was her
Post a Comment