My hope was to be able to squeeze some camping in before we left Oregon and luckily I can cross that off my list.
Camping excursion 1- Coastal Camping
This past weekend we headed to the coast with some architecture buddies (and their four legged companions) for some beach camping and surfing. We had a great time, but let me tell you- surfing in a full wetsuit with booties gloves and a hood is sooooo much more tiring than just a rash guard. Like so tiring that I thought I might just give up and drown if a wave overtook me- this coming from someone who swam competitively for 12 years. Anyway it was worth it, and at a one point a seal popped up to play with us.
| driving |
![]() |
| loading April into our car |
nick, kaitlin, and little april |
| destination |
![]() |
| joe and zula |
| buddies atop the dunes |
| camping between the dunes |
| sunset |
Camping Excursion 2- Girl's Camp
Girl's Camp is a week-long camp put on by my church. It's a chance for the girls ages 12-17 to learn survival skills, appreciate nature, grow spiritually, and make friends. Because I never had the chance to go to Girl's Camp (I became Mormon when I was 18) I was really excited to be a part of it. It was great fun, so much so that I neglected to take any photos! Instead, here is a picture of my camp necklace with all the beads I acquired from completing different tasks.
Despite the fun days, the evenings were a little less fun- pesky raccoons outside my tent, mounting their attack, kept me from sleeping much. I was so exhausted when I got home that I threw down my stuff, hopped in the shower and passed out for five hours.
I wish we could stay in Oregon a bit longer.



0 thoughts:
Post a Comment