If you have read my blog long enough, or know me well enough, you may have gathered that I LOVE PROJECTS. It's just that sometimes I start a project without really thinking things through.When I get an idea, I will become really excited and immediately start trying to make that idea happen. This hastiness has gotten me into trouble a few times. Take for instance, 'the suburban incident.'
When I was little my parents got wood paneling installed on our suburban (kind of a favor to a friend). Well it wasn't the best job, and we all occasionally made comments about it. So I got it into my head that I would fix this by taking all the paneling off ( by prying it with a flat head screw driver), minutes before we were set to leave for San Diego. Needless to say, the adhesive was really really sticky and I ended up making a mess, and the Suburban never fully recovered. I remember when my mom saw what I was doing and said, "Caitlin, what are you doing!!??" I looked down and thought, "oh yeah! what am i doing? what was i thinking?"
I had another experience like that yesterday. Our living room is really dark, so I decided I wanted take one of my task lamps, paint it white, and put it in the living room for some added light. So of course that meant that right away. So I brought spray paint outside and began to paint the lamp. Well being that it is cold and wet, the paint wouldn't dry. So it was just dripping everywhere, and when I tried to spray over a spot that had already been sprayed, it just spread the wet paint around making it even uglier.
Dan said I should just forget it, and being that I won't leave projects unfinished, I decided to take the lamp inside and turn my bathtub into a spray booth (minus the ventilation). To alleviate the fumes, I had two fans going and left the window open in the adjacent room. It took all night for the smell to go away, and my bathroom looks ridiculous. So lesson learned, don't be hasty. Although I have to say, this turned out much better then the suburban.
bath tub spray booth (so what I didn't clean my bathroom for my blog)
dan installing the lamp
dan enjoying the lamp
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment