Some of you may know the reputation of Architecture school. For those of you who don't it isn't too unlike med school, we just use different parts of the brain and only spend 3.5 years doing it. How is it like med school then? We don't sleep or have any free time. Take for example last Saturday when I spent 16 hours in the studio, or the number of times I have had to stay up until 3 am. Every spare moment I have I spend it with my beau Daniel, which has left no time for other activities that make me happy:
reading
NY times crossword
yoga
running
swimming
organizing
crafts
talking to my family
watching movies
Luckily I have found time to bike ride with and cook/bake for my beau.
Well the purpose of this post is to announce that as of last Sunday my free time just got less free. I have been called as the Laurel adviser. I am so excited/ overwhelmed/ willing, this is the best calling ever- the only problem is I have never been a Laurel I don't even know if I am spelling it right or if it should be capitalized. But I still couldn't be happier....no I could be happier if I didn't require sleep.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
The days just get shorter
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 thoughts:
"the only problem is I have never been a Laurel I don't even know if I am spelling it right or if it should be capitalized." Caitlin, you are cute. they will just love you, when i was in young women i always loved my newlywed advisors.
Don't fret. The more callings you get, the more quickly you will arrive at fantastic design ideas with less useless deliberation. necessity, even desperation, and a noble purpose is the key to success.
you can do it! just remember you can ask anyone for help. probably even dan.
Post a Comment