Today is my birthday and despite spending ridiculous hours in the studio yesterday and today (this is being written from my studio desk), Dan and I have managed to celebrate. Last night we went to the Oregon Bach Festival- front and center...very first row. It was so fun and I am so glad I pulled away from this site model I have been working on to go. I made vegan lemon cupcakes for the studio this morning- soo good, and tonight Dan and I are going to Rataouille- an upperscale organic veg/vegan restaurant. This is one hot spot Dan and I have yet to try, so we are so excited.
So for school we have a site in the Oregon forest right on the lake. Our assignment is to build three buildings on that site as a residence for a family. Right now we are working on the guest house/ temporary house until the main house gets built. It is only 360 square feet, and has to be 12' wide, the walls that run the longer length have to be concrete blocks. We also have to build a site model at 1/4 scale and it is taking forever. Monday the site model has to be done and we have to have a wood model of our home as well as plans and sections. So much to do.
I can't find my camera cord, but I will post pictures when I find that puppy. Photos are always more interesting than text- well not always but when its my text they are.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Birthday
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment