Monday, April 14, 2008

i feel sick again

| |

i went into my 'final' dress fitting before she starts cutting the fabric, and i am not happy.

she is so weary of garments and has never worked with them before, that she doesn't want any exposed skin under the lace. which kind of defeats the purpose of my design.

and the skirt is poofier and longer then what i originally wanted. i tried to say something, but my mom was in agreement with her, and i don't want to be a bridezilla making sure everything is my way. plus she is redrafting a new pattern for me to try on this week and with the wedding soon approaching i can't make any more changes.

all of these ridiculous minor details that lead to major headaches....you don't know how many times i have wondered, "what would be the cost to cancel everything now and just elope"

3 thoughts:

neongolden said...

I don't know if it will be like this for you, but I'm expecting my wedding will be something like my college graduation - not at all like I expected and therefore frustrating, yet still joyful, celebratory, and rewarding.

I think what you're going through right now is something that can be extrapolated to life in general: if you make up your mind that it's gonna be awesome no matter what, it will be - despite all the curve balls that are being thrown at you. It sounds like you're doing an awesome job at going with it so far, and I know the wedding will be great, no matter how frustrated you may be right now.

hanner said...

Again, I'm not sure how useful any input from me is going to be... but I completely understand! It's like dressmakers speak a different language or something... unless you use words like "selvage edge" and "monofilament" they're just going to kind of do what they want. But all brides are beautiful, and no matter what happens Dan is going to be so happy with how great you look. And after I cried about my dress I ended up being pretty pleased with the outcome.

Or you could do what I wish I had done... tell the dressmaker that you're paying her to do what YOU want, not what she thinks is more convenient for her.

You will look fabulous! And I'm so sad that I won't be able to be there in person :(

Tiffany said...

okay coming from someone with no experience, this is YOUR wedding so you are allowed to want things your way right!! forget the dressmaker and what other people want, its not their wedding! just saying. also just saying that you are amazing and i am so excited for the big day.