It had been four months since I had seen Dan. Now it will be another 3, but luckily Dan and I were able to spend 4 days together before he leaves for London.
After I flew into Palo Alto, Dan and I drove to Ashland, OR. On the way out we stopped at the Oakland temple.
Dan's grandma was the best hostess I have ever seen. She showed us around Ashland, introduced us to her friends, treated us dinner, got us fabulous seats at the plays, and had two lemon bars and two waters waiting for us when we got home at night.
Dan and I saw "The Tempest", "Taming of the Shrew", and a modern play called "Distracted"
On the drive back to Palo Alto we stopped at the Redwoods.

Then we made a stop in our city, San Francisco. We went to my old house and enjoyed the view of the GG bridge and GG park. Romantic things were said, Dan got on a knee, and written below us in the streets of San Francisco was this:
I accepted and now Dan and I are engaged to be married.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007
a good way to say goodbye
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 thoughts:
This is great! Amazing! Fantastic! Two of my favorite people! I'm so happy for you both. My sister and I are trying to figure out how he spelled out "marry me" though? Am I missing something?
his sisters snuck out in black hoodies and wrote it while we were in the house, then snuck back into hiding. or do you mean how it was actually written? luminarias (candles in bags)
I heard rumors that this was happening. Congrats!
Yes! I am so happy for you guys!
congratulations! You will never have to spend this long apart again! (hopefully)
caitie! that's so exciting! congratulations! hugs! kisses! yay!
(this is seriously the happiest thing i've heard in a long time. i'm so excited for you two!)
great pictures.
come back and visit again, bunk beds!
also, i miss you.
also, I LOVE YOU.
also, i love YOU + DAN
How exciting!! You and Dan together makes me so happy. also, I am moving to San Fransisco on Thur. Are you going to be around at all in the near future?? oh and i LOVE your ring!
i'm devastated -- the pictures didn't show up on my computer.
but, really, i'm thrilled. so excited for both of you.
and it was so good to see you in cambridge this summer :)
AMBER
Post a Comment