Thursday, February 22, 2007

childhood books part II

| |

so the only books that i loved more than "choose your own adventure" were "Goosebumps". I loved "Goosebumps" so much, my brother and I collected all until about number 55, we used to keep them in pillowcases...they stopped at 62. I did several book reports on them including "Be Careful What you Wish For"
.
I also did a video project in which my entire family enacted scenes from "Escape from Horrorland"
.
We also owned the video version of "The Haunted Mask"


Although i enjoy reminiscing about old Goosebumps books, i can't do it without feeling somewhat guilty. you see, as kids we got half our age in allowance, so my brother being 7 got 3.50, about the price of a book at the LVDS student store, i got 4.50. well, even though i made more than boodle did, i never paid for one book, he bought all 55. cathie probably bought a few, but still, think of how much money he could have saved had we split it! such a good brother.

1 thoughts:

hanner said...

I wasn't allowed to read Goosebumps when I was a kid. Not because they were scary at all, but because my mom thought that R.L. Stine was a horrible writer. Funny!