Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Philly

| |

Woooo! Road trip! Dan's not so excited for the 6 hour drive.  I'm semi-excited for the drive, but not so excited about using the car trip as study time for my LEED exam.



Philly was chilly.

Before I get to the reason for our trip (The Barnes Museum), we found some amazing vegan restaurants- one being Sweet Freedom. The most amazing desserts and I have no idea how they made them sooo delicious without gluten, dairy, egg, processed sugar, etc. etc. We made sure to stock up for the car ride home.
 

 We did a lot of walking, and I was so impressed with the beautiful neighborhoods and Art Deco architecture.







 The Barnes museum is absolutely incredible!!! Go, go go!




Because photos are forbidden, I have stolen some off the interweb:
Barnes composed each room himself, in what he called "Ensembles," and rather than arranging the paintings chronologically, or by artist, he was inspired by like colors, lines, lighting, etc. in the individual pieces.

P.S. the car studying worked...I passed my exam!

1 thoughts:

manda said...

you passed!!! congrats!!