Last you heard from me we were getting deported. I bet you are all (if any readers still exist) dying to here what happened next. So with some of the limited Instagram photos I have taken over the past few weeks, I will recap all that has happened.
After our lease ended on our flat, I flew back to the US of A while Dan finished up some of his work with Fulham. After arriving in the Las Vegas, I flew to Seattle for a job interview.
My sweet/beautiful ma came with me and we had a lovely time exploring the city together. The interview went wonderfully, but I had another job interview lined up in Boston for the very next day. So after my interview finished, my mom and I flew back to Vegas. And after sleeping a few hours in the airport, I caught the red eye to Boston.
After freshening up in the airport, I headed over to my second interview. This firm was very exciting to me because they are at the forefront of sustainable design. In fact, that's all they do, and many of their standards far exceed that of LEED.
That interview too went well, but I was one of 200 applicants, and one of 10 to be called in to interview,
so I wasn't completely confident I would get the position. After the interview finished, I hopped on a bus to NYC to spend the week with my sister and wait for Dan to arrive.
Well about 20 minutes into the bus ride, I got an email from the principal of the firm in Boston and they sent me a job offer. Woooo!!
So the week in NYC turned into whirlwind of going back and forth from Boston to NY looking for housing and putting offers on apartments. I did manage to get in some great moments though...like visiting the cousins in Connecticut.
And spending the weekend on the Cape

Luckily we found an apartment quickly. So Dan and I headed back to Vegas to pack our things and drive cross-country
I was scheduled to start work on October 1st, which meant we had to drive 45 hours straight. There was a lot of this...

We miss London a lot, but Boston is great so far. I work on Long Wharf right near Quincy Market. It's amazing to see the ships in the harbor and all the tourists on Segways.
| Old Ironside goes out in the harbor once a year |
![]() |
| This is my building |
![]() |
| Testing a light fixture |
We love our apartment, and live right next to two giant parks. Jamaica Pond and the Arboretum.
![]() |
| Jamaica Pond |
| Arboretum |
We've spent our weekends bike riding, playing tennis, scouring Craig's List, frequenting Ikea, running, and we even visited my parents in Rhode Island
![]() |
| Random Cycle Cross tournament |
Every year at Jamaica Pond, the community gathers with hand made lanterns. Kids dress up and everyone walks around the pond.
| Fresh pressed cider |
So there you go...that's what we've been up to















5 thoughts:
how exciting! next time we make it up to boston (my dad usually runs the marathon) we should meet up and catch up.
i love love love you!
Congratulations Caitlin! I love following you and Dan on your blog and I'm so happy to hear that you found a fantastic job in Boston. We are big fans of the East Coast! Hope you are well. xoxo
Love the update! I'm glad everything worked out. I was way sad for you when I heard you were leaving London, but your current set up seems pretty sweet. Miss you tons.
@hanner: most definitely!
@manda: i loooooooove you!!!
@kelsey: So glad to hear from you! Next time I head to NY to visit my sister we should get together! We have fancy TV now, so I can finally see your show! xoxo
@katrina: miss you too!! Hope all is well with your cute family!
Post a Comment