
I think I want to give short hair a try. My hair has never been shorter than shoulders, so I am pretty certain it will be a very traumatic change. I can see myself in the future, trying to figure out how to style my new short hair, having a break down.
It will go something like this, "wahh Dan, I hate my hair, I want my long hair back, wahh I look so ugly, wahh I look like a boy, wahh my hair isn't growing fast enough." Despite this, I still want to try short hair at least once.
I have a hair appointment tomorrow, but I don't think I will do it quite yet. Nicole is getting married in a month, and if it truly looks terrible she, nor I, will be happy. So what do you think? Do I do it?
Leave your comments, or vote in the poll on the right. I would really like to hear your feedback- even if I don't know you, or even if I do know you and you read my blog secretly. Come out of the woodwork.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
hair did
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 thoughts:
i voted "yes" on cutting. remember when i cut like 12 inches off (when we took k. matthews' class together)? it was SO liberating. and courtney toiavao did the same and she looked hawt. i loved her short hair. anyway, i'm all about the short hair. i've never dyed my hair so i cut my hair for dramatic changes instead.
my friend julie just cut a pixie cut after having suuuuper long hair. and she looks fabulous. she did it in stages too so it wasn't as traumatizing for her. see here.
maybe you don't care so much what i think about hair but i bet like 99% of guys will say don't cut it, but who cares? we do our hair for other girls to admire us. i'm growing my hair out till i get sick of growing it out, then it's chop-chop. short for as long as i live.
yeah! i remember when you cut it! did you have any post partum depression or regrets?
This just might be my first comment, I am coming out of the woodworks! :) It would look so dang cute like that! But at the same time I have always loved your hair. And growing it out is a pain. If you do it make sure you plan on leaving it long for a while, I hated going through that awkward stage of growing mine out. But I think it would look really cute one you! :)
do it..... just do it....
no regrets! no depression! hair always grows back so i wasn't worried. i felt so free. haha. my roommate megan told me that it made me more dateable, and then robbie asked me out on a date like two weeks later. he claims the two events aren't related but come on.
and as far as growing out goes... it hasn't been that bad. i also don't really do anything my hair anymore, since we live in horrendous humidity. so it just kinda does its own thing and has grown pretty quickly and painlessly.
like i said, no regrets. i don't know when i'll get around to chopping it off again, but the summer heat is really tempting me to.
also, i should include that i have had as many bad hair days with short hair as i have with long. i don't ever remember being too upset with my hair except for when i let it get a little mullety before my second haircut (after the first big chop). with long hair all i have to blame is my laziness. (my bangs look like the goldie hawn dog on lady and the tramp. SO LAZY.)
do it
i love when my hair is short. there's just something so fun about it. but be warned.....once you go short its hard to go back.
LOVE YOU!
what sam said is true for me as well.
Caitlin, I fought against cutting my hair for a long time. And now that I have, I cut it every two weeks with a razor that I bought at Sally's. I'm addicted. Sometimes I get jealous for those with long hair, but then I remember that it took 3 minutes to dry my hair in the morning. Plus, you look great with any kind of hair. (Although, I'm warning you, I have on multiple occasions not wanted to leave the house because I thought I looked like a boy.)
I'm with Hanner. Hair grows! When I moved to Provo in 2003 I had hair to my elbows, then I cut it to a chin length bob and it got shorter and shorter from there (you may remember). My hair is longer now than it has been in over five years and I am really just growing it out so that I can chop it again.
You may regret it, but not for very long.
secret reader outed! go for the cut
hmmm that haircut idea photo looks familiar :)
i'd say do it -- but i am addicted to short hair!
Post a Comment