I should preface this post by saying that 1) I never really look forward to my birthday. It's not that I dread getting older, it's just that I have a summer birthday, so I am used to non-birthday parties and don't expect much. And 2) I am very difficult to surprise (because I am a detective).
But my birthday today was incredible and full of surprises! I will give you the play by play recap.
7 am: wake up to a bowl of fresh berries (prepared by Dan) SURPRISE!
7 30 am: run over to watch the game. Surpise! Netherlands win!
9 am: come home and Dan makes oatmeal
10 am: walk to the eyeglass store to treat myself to a new pair of spectacles, courtesy of my Graduate Teaching Fellow insurance. 350$ glasses for, SURPRISE 85$!
11 am: came home and scheduled a facial at the Aveda salon for later in the day
12 noon: yoga
2:00: lunch
3:00: shopping
4:00: facial, and another SURPRISE: a seaweed body wrap and massage! (courtesy of Dan), which was incredible!
7:30: (yes it took 3.5 hours!) mosey home relaxed and frizzy-haired, to find a bunch of people in my living room..."SURPRISE!" Apparently Dan had been planning a surprise party for me all this week. How he did it without my knowledge, I have no idea, but I absolutely love him for it!and for another surprise treat, Nick and Kaitlin bought me a new Lamy Pen (after I lost mine for real this time!)

10:30 pm: watch the Ghana v. Uruguay highlights...SURPRISE! Uruguay cheated and completely stole what should have been Ghana's.
So beside the Ghana let down, I would say today was just about perfecto.
Friday, July 2, 2010
birthday!!
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thoughts:
wow! that really does sound like the best birthday!
Post a Comment